Only four sets of feet open this quiz…it was not a twelve pillow night, although there were more than a few direct hits!
The Innocent One displayed her growth by leaps and bounds. The (nearly always) Late One had his first shock when he saw that the jar was empty: no driving until that sucker was caught! (Not to be confused with the fictional movie, Man in a Car, although a conflation of Man&Snake in a Car might make decent competition with Snakes on a Plane.)
Warning: tea sharing customs vary, as does etiquette for surprise birthday parties. Age protects one not from the practical joke, but it sure helps the food preparation!
Personal favorite: “Someone called the lab and asked for my partner and I said he wasn’t here. ‘There’s another guy,’ he said, ‘but I can’t pronounce his name.‘” (Me either.)
- Five points each to the first person who correctly identifies all four sets of feet, and both pictured dishes, in order.
- One point each to the first person who answers the following questions.
- Five points for each speaker identified in any/all included references.
- Five points for each explanation of context for any/all included references.
- All responses must be posted as ‘comments’ to this post.
- No responses will be revealed for at least 24 hours from email notification.
- Points will be tallied and posted as a comment within 48 hours from the original email notification.
- The winner(s) will receive a home-cooked meal from yours truly.
Ready, Set, Go!
- Who was even later than me and my erstwhile hosts to the famed Mumbai wedding?
- Who’s snores might bring down the house?
- Which First Lady is shopping for a dog as spouse of the President of the Indian Student Association?
- Whose birthday was it?
- Who and what was the issue with that shirt’s cut in the back?
- Does someone really eat like a camel?
- Who is the perfect stand-in for a working-class driver (in any country)?
- Visa? Who needs a visa?
Underwater handshakes, Reflexivity