Today, my online life has taken me along this path:
1) Wanokip (facebook) posted a story on shopdropping, about which I blogged for future students (homework!): “even radical ideology gets commercialized”
2) after categorizing, I followed the tags to see what others’ (strangers) have been up to and found this: “’Definition of God’ – and it still leaves us with the job of living with each other through the unity of mystery”
3) which sent me back to facebook to comment to another friend who has listed his religion as “pseudopagain pantheist” – I’ve been trying to wrap my mind around the difference between panentheism and pantheism. According to wikipedia: “A panentheistic belief system is one which posits that the one God interpenetrates every part of nature, and timelessly extends beyond as well. Panentheism is distinguished from pantheism, which holds that God is synonymous with the material universe.” Hmmm.
4) then, I returned to the “job of living together” post with all those cool quotes and read the comment after, which led me to: shoreless oceans of incorruptible wealth
5) which, I have to say, is overly religious for me yet still rich with the kind of sentiments I hold, to wit, the final line of a poem:
in Soul Food: Nourishing Poems for Starved Minds
2007 by Bloodaxe Books